Sunday, January 10, 2010

Charles Barkley Ain't No Fool

At least not as much as he appears to be anyway. Tonight was a BIG night for television watching, and not just because NFL Wildcard Playoff games were being aired. That’s right, it wasn’t just about the Dallas Cowboys playing the Philadelphia Eagles, but about Charles Barkley.

Through the different games and shows, everything seemed to be centered on him and his SNL performance. His appearance on SNL was pubbed by the games’ sports commentators, commercials, an official “Charles Barkeley on SNL” countdown, and of course, by Tony Romo himself (Dallas Cowboy Quarterback Tony Romo, after the Cowboys won a playoff game breaking a 13 year losing streak, somehow remembered to plug Barkley’s appearance on SNL in his straight off the field post game interview.)

And I hate to admit it, but all that ridiculous publicity worked. After the news, my parents and I watched Barkley on SNL. And he was HORRIBLE. As I sat in front of the TV watching this man read his cue cards in a slow monotonous voice for various skits, I realized how on top Charles Barkley really is. He appeared on my television screen in THREE different ways last night.
1- as a sports commentator on an NFL post game show
2- As the host of SNL and
3- On multiple T-mobile commercials throughout the night.
Barkley dominated my television screen arguably more than the Cowboys did. You can’t deny that this big, loud, obnoxious, (bad acting) man is making that MO-NEY. He’s certainly on his hustle.

Just my thoughts for the night. I’m Barkleyed out for now.

A video clip of Barkley on SNL:


My words are up.

No comments:

Post a Comment